I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 15, 2013

Christmas in the Stores: Wegman's & Kohl's


I wan to start off by Thanking these hostesses.....

Thanks to Kathryn, over at The Dedicated House for featuring my Post, Christmas in the Stores : Michaels, as "Your Favorite" from last week's Anything Blue Party!
Thanks, Kathryn!

And I want to Thank Pam over at From My Porch to Yours , for featuring my post,
Christmas in the Stores: Lowes, as the #1 Viewed Post from last week's Treasure Hunt Thursday Party!!
Thanks, Pam!!

And I also want to Thank Maria Elena , over at Our Home Away From Home, for featuring my post,
Christmas in the Stores: Big Lots, as one of the Top Viewed posts from this past week's
Tuesday's at Our Home Party!!
Thanks so much!!

Please take some time to visit and link up to these wonderful parties!!!

Today I am continuing my series on Christmas in the Stores and will be featuring Wegman's Grocery Store.

I do not know if you have a Wegman's in your area but this is where Joe does the majority of our food shopping....

Yes, you read that right....Joe does the food shopping as does his Father before him!!!  My Dad also did the food shopping too!!

Lucky me because I HATE food shopping!!

Anyway, Wegman's always has a wonderful seasonal department and this year, for Christmas, they have some really great merchandise!!
Great displays!!

I love going into Wegman's because it does not have the feeling of a Grocery Store .
 I think it is because of the terra cotta painted ceiling that you see in the background of these pictures.  It creates a very warm and inviting atmosphere because it is not stark white with bright lights!!

I am totally in love with this Cardinal pattern!!

Look at the Tea Pot and Sugar and Creamer!!!
They are marked "Winter Wonderland" so I will be watching for these to go on Clearance because I decorate my Red Kitchen with a Winter Bird tree and Cardinals after Christmas!!
Pretty silver ornament dishes!!
Snow Man Collection!
Very pretty!
Kitchen Carolers and Santas!
Love those spatulas!
 Chopping Boards.....
Spoon Rests....
Now on to Decor!!
Lots of Goodies!!
Love these snowmen.....
More Cardinals.....
Greenery.....
Dishes....
Flags......
Lots of Ornaments!!
Love the Kitchen ones....
And the Cupcakes!
Solar Lights....
Candles....
Lights....
Hats and Stockings...
Really Pretty Glassware.....

Again, LOVE those Cardinals!!
Sorry it's blurry.......
Village Collection!
Even Trains!
Gingerbread Houses to Create!
Pillows and Throws....
They were just putting out dish towels and tablecloths but I did not stick around until they finished......

In the Gift Department....
I collection Bearington Bears and I usually buy them here for 75% off after every Holiday!
Love these too!
Totally love these!!
So cute and would look good in my Kitchen!!
Not too bad for a Grocery Store, huh?

I also want to Thank Wegman;s for their donation of a $30.00 Gift Card to the Basket Raffle that Joe and I are running for our Church in conjunction with the Craft Fair.
If interesting in seeking a donation for a non profit organization from Wegman's, you apply online 2-3 weeks before you need the donation for and you will then be notified if your donation was approved and you can pick it up at your local store.
If you missed my post on our Specialty Basket Raffle, please Click HERE

Again, I am receiving no reimbursment from Wegman's for this post.

Now I wanted to show all of you the ton of pictures that I took of the all beautiful things that Kohl's has to offer for the holiday season this year.....

HOWEVER......

The Store Manager informed me that it is Kohl's Corporate Policy not to allow any pictures to be taken in their stores except by Kohl's itself.

He was very nice and apologetic about it and he himself thought that featuring Kohl's on my Blog would be a great thing and great for advertising but he is bound by Kohl's Corporate Rules so I , respectfully, will not share all the pictures I took in Kohl's.

UNLESS, I hear from Kohl's and they allow it........

Anyone from Kohl's out there????????

I am so glad that everyone seems to be enjoying this series on what the stores are offering for this Holiday season.

 I enjoy seeing for myself too!!

If you missed Part 1, Christmas in the Stores: Michaels, please click HERE

If you missed Part 2, Christmas in the Stores: Lowes , please click HERE

If you missed Part 3, Christmas in the Stores: Big Lot's, please click HERE

By the way, I mentioned that I was waiting for the set of two 4 1/2 foot trees for $50 to go on sale in Big Lots.....
Well, they did this week for $40.00 and one is perfect for my new Kitchen Tree!!
 I already added my Candy lights to it and it is waiting to be decorated!
 The second Tree of the set is going to my son, Joey, who will use it in his apartment in place of the small 3 foot table top tree that he has been using for Christmas.

And for those of you who have been following my Weight Loss Journey over on Debbie-Dabble,
this is what I now look like after losing 46 pounds so far......
 15 pounds to go by March to achieve my Goal of losing 60 pounds in a year!!


 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:
 
SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHO W-licious Craft Showcase

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 



WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays 
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Create it Thursday 
 Catch a Glimpse Thursday

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Anything Blue and Pink Fridays
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party
Friday Favorites
 Let's Get Real Friday Party

Christmas Parties 2013
All Things Christmas

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




30 comments:

  1. Fun items, I love the 'gimme some sugar' bear! I don't have a Wegmann's around here but do have Kohl's. Congrats on the weight loss:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love wegmans we have one 5 minutes from home. I don't go there to much there's always a crowd. Love love love your photos. They really put me in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be a huge store to have all that Christmas stuff AND groceries, too! Never have seen a real cardinal, but they are my favorite birds! You are doing such a great job on decreasing your scale numbers!!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being on Long Island sadly we don't have wegmans, but when I go visit my family in PA I just love to go and shot there...
    You look amazing Debbie keep up the great work :-)

    Hugs~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A lot of Christmas for a grocery store! LOVE the displays! It's too bad there are not any Wegman's near me...then again, maybe not, I'd be too tempted! Congratulations on your weight loss! What a great accomplishment! Now that you have lost this much the last part won't be so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all you look Phenomenal!!!! Congratulations! That is will power my friend! I need some of that and have you as my coach to slap me in the hand every time I grab a cupcake or two instead of an apple! The Christmas decorations are lovely I need all the cupcake ones since I decorate my little pink tree with cupcakes and baking related items. Wish that store was in my area, Thanks for sharing Debbie, keep up the good work, Hugs, Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on the weight loss!!! Be proud of yourself!!! And thank you for the tours, I've enjoyed every one of them!!!

    Our Wegman's has the same set up, I also have my eye on the red bird plates, however their prices are outrageous. Everything is so overpriced there. But so fun to look at.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are looking good!

    I am so glad you share these online so I am not tempted to actually go into the stores.

    My grandfather and father did our food shopping as well. Now I hesitate to send my male partner because he believes when it says you SHOULD buy ten of these items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness I wish I would have found your blog earlier. I just moved from NY and MISS WEGMANS! You know that train they sometimes have displayed in their stores? I wish I would have gotten one before leaving. They don't sell it online :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have Wegman's in this part of the country. I have a girlfriend who lives in Fairport, NY and every time we are there she takes me to Wegman's. It truly is a pretty special store.

    You should be so proud of your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on losing all that weight! You look fab! AND...I LOVE WEGMANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just NEAR Wegmans yesterday but didn't stop in:(:( I am going back soon!!! They have GREAT things for a grocery store. I think Kohls is shooting themselves in the foot, not allowing you to feature them. Come on, Kohls, get with it:):) You look terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all about christmas in this blog:
    http://reda-christmas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. FIRST: Debbie you look amazing, wow sweet lady, you have lots of will power, God bless you on this great journey and good luck on the remaining loss!
    That store is fabulous, like C'mas heaven, wish I could go there and grab those holiday plates, just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing my friend.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie....you are looking fabulous!! Congratulations on your milestone. I have no doubt that you will reach your goal...before March!!

    Wegman's I can't tell you how much I miss that store. We moved from Western NY in the fall of 2011 and every supermarket is compared to Wegman's. There is no comparison. ;)

    Thanks for giving us all a glimpse of the amazing Christmas offerings they have. Over the 11 years I live near a Wegman's I purchased a fair amount of Christmas decor. It was so handy and everything is beautiful.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi…Congrats on your weight loss! And we LOVE Wegmans (my daughter works at the corporate office in Rochester) I am in the Syracuse area - where are you? Great pics of all their holiday treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, You look wonderful - congrats on the weight loss. Wegmans certainly has a great selection of Christmas. I went to Kohls last week and their selection was just about nil. I wish we had a Wegmans near my house. I really like the shiny ornament plates and the gingerbread men are great. Thank you Debbie for sharing.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your weight loss - what an accomplishment.

    I want those cupcake ornaments, they are so cute. Wegmans should give you your choice of plates & ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow look at all those beautiful Christmas items.

    Congratulations on your weight loss. You look wonderful Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a great grocery store! Love the cardinals! We don't have a Wegman's here. Hubby and I do our grocery shopping together. Always have, although when I was laid up last winter after my fall, Hubby did the shopping for about three months and got along just great. Once again, congrats on your weight loss; you look terrific!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't have a Wegman's where I live, but maybe it's just as well...
    It looks like they have lots of great things for Christmas decorating. Congrats on losing so much weight!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great grocery store to have all those decorations. I love the cardinals also! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good job Deb. You are almost there! What an accomplishment to have lost so much. Lots of Christmas everywhere. My favorite are the cardinal plates and the candy themed ornaments. I must admit I was surprised when you started this series that the stores let you take photos. Most stores won't. Once I went to take a picture of my friends in Walmart and they told me I couldn't take photos. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. so many wonderful goodies. I can't wait to start decorating. You look terrific.Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. See you on Wednesday ( early hop this week because of the holiday and a big surprise) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow...congrats on the weight loss...that's a goal I need to work on. Thanks for sharing all the lovely Christmas decor with us at Twirl and Take a Bow! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned Link Party. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful and cute christmas items !! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wegman's reminds me of our World Market, except we don't have near the number of Chrismas items and no electrical. You look fantastic! You are an inspiration in so many ways. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
    Laura (Sunday View)

    ReplyDelete
  29. My Goodness, Debbie, but this is a great post! We do not have a Wegman's around these parts, as far as I know, so it is a new name in shopping for me. It looks like a really nice place to shop for Christmas and year round. They really do have quite a selection of Christmas items, especially for a grocery store. The Cardinal is one of my most favorite feathered friends and so I adore anything with a Cardinal on it, so they are my favorite out of the things you posted about here. They hang out here in Winter and provide a bright spot in a sometimes dismal landscape.

    It is truly amazing that you have lost so much weight so far! I am still here, in your cheering section. You look simply fabulous! I need to get in shape myself and keep telling myself to do something about it. Maybe, after the holidays I will start "moving" more.

    Thanks for providing all the great pictures and introducing me to Wegman's!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails