I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, January 7, 2017

An Evening Tour, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

    MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!

What???????

I know what you are thinking!!!!!!!

No, I have not lost my mind!!

It is Russian Orthodox Christmas Day!!

In the early 1900's, an influx of immigrants from Eastern Europe settled in the area where I live including my paternal grand parents who came from Poland.

Many were from Russia, whose religion was Russian Orthodox which goes according to the Julian Calendar and not by the Gregorian Calendar .

In this area, many people still leave up their Christmas decorations and celebrate what has come to be called "Russian Christmas".

This year, January 7th is Russian Orthodox Christmas Day, making today, Christmas Day for those that celebrate it!!!

So because our last name is Barna and Joe's paternal ancestors immigrated here from Russia , I am honoring "Russian Christmas" by posting my Evening Tour of our home decorated for Christmas.....

I will not do much more talking but I do have to apologize for some of the photos being a bit blurry beforehand.....

We will start outside our townhouse.....

The Living Room.......


The Dining Room.......
  

The Kitchen......


The Powder Room......


The Den......


The Upstairs.....

The Sitting Room......


The Craft Room......


The Bathroom......


The Master Bedroom......


In the Upstairs Hallway......

And that completes my Evening Tour of our Home Decorated for Christmas!!!

There is a saying here in NEPA that it ALWAYS snows for "Russian Christmas"!!

This year is no exception!!!

On Saturday which was "Russian Christmas Eve", we had a dusting of snow overnight.....
 For the past few days, we have had high temps. in the 20's and low temps. in the teens......

A warm up is predicted for this week so I will start taking down Christmas, converting decorations over to Winter decorations and start decorating for Valentine's Day but all that will take me at least 3 weeks or so.....

 In my next post here, on my Christmas Blog, I will be sharing what I bought for next Christmas on Clearance both before and after Christmas.......

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!
 
SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Over the Moon Linky Party

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. A gratidão é a memória do coração!
    Obrigada querida, pela sua amizade sempre tão amável, fico
    feliz em saber que em algum lugar desse mundo você existe. e
    agradeço a Deus por sua atenção carinhosa!
    Muitíssimo obrigada por compartilhar comigo os 04 anos do blog
    Algodão Tão Doce!!!!!!!
    Um big abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful!!! You and I have the same taste in things and your home is always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so i am returning your kindness here!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the fairy evening tour of your gorgeous and cozy home... I'm dreaming!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely evening lights and I do like the lit picture, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks absolutely gorgeous all lit up, there is nothing like a home all aglow with Christmas lights, the picture and the houses all lighted up too is so neat, I bet at night you can see just fine by all the christmas lights throughout the house. I understand about the blurry pictures it is very challenging to get night time pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, your home is a magical place for Christmas! It is impossible to say a favorite but I'm in made love with the pastel balls on the faux fireplace! Stopping by from Merry Monday. Thanks for sharing. I trust you all had a great Russian Christmas Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful and magical Debbie :) Thanks for sharingat Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so interesting! I did not know about Russian Christmas. Wow, you have done so much work in your pretty decorating. I can't imagine how long it took to put it all up and then to take it all down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I don't know where you get your energy to do all that you do! Very impressive!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love looking at your photos!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! About how much time does it take for putting it all away?
    We do our tree kind of Victorian most years with flowers on it. A lot of my decorations go back into my normal decor. Depending on who is coming to visit, our tree stays up until February or April...so loved ones can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Russian Christmas Debbie, you have so many beautiful decorations. Some of them look quite vintage. Have you been collection for a long time? Can you pick one or two favorites? I bet you would have a hard time, I certainly couldn't there are so many nice ones.

    I stop by your blog quite regularly Debbie. Thank you for stopping by the #HomeMattersParty. Have a great week. Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tour, Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting info on Russian Orthodox Christmas. Everything looks so magical with your lights at night. Thanks for linking up with Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word Debbie, it's like a fairy tale. Can I please, please be a child in your house during Christmas?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails