I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Doll House, Christmas Home Tour, 2017

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

In this post, I will be sharing my other house, Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, all decked out for Christmas...........

But first, I want to Thank Marci, over at Stone Cottage Adventures, for choosing my post, An Old Fashioned Living Room, Part 1, as one of her features from the Winter Holiday Link Party that she hosted along with several other hosts....
,
Thanks so much, Marci!!!

Please check out all the links by clicking on the Party Button on my side bar.....

I always wanted a Victorian Doll House as a child, however it was too expensive for my parents to buy for me....

In 2008, a wonderful man named Roy Nelson, helped me realize my child hood dream of owning a Victorian Doll House.....

Roy, was a neighbor of mine, belonged to the same church that we belong to and was a patient of mine several times......

He built me my doll house from a kit that Joe bought me as a Birthday gift, one of over 30 doll houses that he built in his life time, after being diagnosed with lung cancer at the age of 88 years old....

He went on to build one more doll house for a friend of mine before he passed away.......

As a Thank You to Roy, I contacted someone I knew at the local newspaper and they did a Human Interest story on Roy and his Doll Houses!!
This is a photo of Roy, reading the newspaper article.......

I am forever grateful to this man.....

So I named my Victorian Mansion, Nelson Crest and the family that lives there are The Nelson's!!!!

 I love to decorate Nelson Crest for every Holiday but Christmas is my favorite Holiday when it comes to decorating  Nelson Crest!!!
 Let's look at the outside of Nelson Crest first......
Wreaths are hung on every window just like on my townhouse.......

Let's start at the side yard to the right........

The doll house is on a turn table.....
I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking.....
The balcony off the Master Bedroom......
The front yard.....
The right side......

I arranged some things differently this year.......
The front porch......
A broom and shovel in case it snows......
The left side.....

The left side yard.....
Let's look at the inside.......
There are 3 decorated Trees inside of Nelson Crest......
The parlor, as it was called in a Victorian home.......
Mr. Nelson is reading his newspaper after a long day at work....
The is Tree #21.......
And it actually lights up!!!
The Dining Room......
This is Tree # 22......
A Nativity on top of the hutch......
The Master Bedroom.....
Mrs. Nelson is wrapping presents.....
This is Tree # 23, which I decorated myself.....
Since I am a Mother of 2 sons, I chose to have a little girl's room in Nelson Crest.....
It is decorated in purple , like my childhood bedroom was......
Victoria is the Nelson's daughter's name.....
On the top floor, is a music room.......

And the bathroom.....
This is my dream house......

Notice there is no Kitchen.......

Because in the house of my dreams, I would not have to cook because I really do HATE to cook!!!

LOL!!
I hope you enjoyed your Tour of Nelson Crest.......

In future posts, I will be doing an Evening Tour of our house decorated for Christmas, sharing some Christmas Tweaks and Tips and more.......

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. LOL- that there is no kitchen in your doll house! You have had a lot of fun decorating there! I bet that needs a whole storage space of its own to pack Christmas away. You did a wonderful job on it, Debbie! Merry Christmas to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda. Um encanto em miniatura. Feliz Natal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you Merry Christmas and all the best! :))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your doll house tour very much! As a fellow miniaturist, I could see how you used lace for curtain valances, vintage crochet/embroidery for the bedspread, etc. Isn't imagination grand! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in the wrong year for a comment. What is wrong with me? I think I am still coming down from the Christmas bustle. I love your doll house and want one but I guess I will have to make one for myself. I enjoy seeing yours for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEK! I am a little girl again looking at this post. I can't wait to go back and study all the rooms. Thanks for sharing for Thursday Favortite Things! I am behind and still trying to get my home tour posted...hopefully you will get to see my dollhouse this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dollhouse! You've done a marvelous job of decorating it with lovely and intriguing details.
    I built a dollhouse for my sister for Christmas one year. I started it around Hallowe'en, and had no idea it would take so much time. I ended up giving it to her a year later, as I didn't get it close to finished by Christmas that year! LOL
    Thanks, again, for sharing part of your holiday decorations ... I do enjoy seeing the photos and seeing the immense amount of time and creative effort you use to make it all happen!
    Happy pink saturday! ... and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is great again
    Hope you have HPS
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your doll house is so cute and I love it all decked out for Christmas! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails